Root canal therapy involves removing infected pulp from the inside of the tooth. This prevents the infection from spreading and can help save a tooth that may otherwise have to be extracted.
The pulp is made up of soft tissue, including nerves and blood vessels, and extends from the crown to the tips of the root. The pulp can become infected due to decay, a deep filling or trauma to the tooth. We offer one of the most recent methods of root canal treatment – microscopic root canal treatment.
Symptoms can include pain, prolonged sensitivity to heat or cold, discolouration of the tooth, swelling, and tenderness of the overlying gums or a bad taste in the mouth. On the other hand, there may be no symptoms at all. If pulp inflammation or infection is left untreated, it can eventually cause pain, swelling and loss of the supporting bone.
Benefits of microscopic root canal therapy
- It helps us with your diagnosis and creating an effective treatment plan
- Enables us to discover all the small where to buy xanax details of the root canal
- It can increase the success rate of the process and the results last longer
- The risk of tooth fracture or tooth fissure is reduced to a minimum
- Root canal can be cleaned and filled in a very precise way
If looked after properly, with regular brushing and flossing, your root canal treated tooth should stay trouble-free and provide a long-lasting repair. Even though the pulp has been removed, the tooth will stay intact because the canals have been sealed to prevent re-infection. Regular check-ups are also recommended so any problems can be detected early.
Why choose City Dental Clinic?
- Our surgeons with a special interest in endodontics are well-qualified, highly-skilled and very experienced in performing both standard and complex root canal treatments.
- Root Canal Therapy is performed in our state-of-the-art surgery, which offers a calm and relaxing atmosphere.
- We use the latest technology and equipment, such as loupe or microscope which allows your dental work to be carried out with a very high degree of accuracy.